- Measures Approximately 15.75 inch High, 9 inch Diameter.
- Beautifully Hand Carved From Wood One Piece at a Time by Highly Skilled Artisans Making Each Piece a One-of-a-Kind Work of Art.
- Beautifully Embellished with Decorative Hand Carved Designs and Silvertone Studs.
- Hand-Tightened Using Nylon Cord.
- Due to the Handcrafted Nature, There Will Be Slight Differences in Size and Style, No 2 Pieces Will Be Exactly Alike.
A djembe is a rope-tuned goblet drum, originally from West Africa, with a tight skin cover that's played with bare hands. The name, djembe, comes from the saying which roughly translates to everyone gather together in peace, defining the drum's purpose. Hand crafted with playability in mind, this approximately 16 inch tall, 9 inch diameter djembe is a version of the traditional drums, and is a portable size for traveling to festivals, back-packing, camping or to your local drum circle. It features a polished finish beautifully detailed with hand-carved designs and studs on the foot. The drum is hand-tightened using nylon cord, and additional cord is braided to make a handle. This gorgeous drum looks great as a decorative piece, and is also quite playable, NOTE: Because each djembe is hand-crafted, yours will differ slightly in size and style, making yours a unique work of art.